Back stroke arm movement:- start position:-
- Lie in the Relaxation Position.
- Maintain pelvic neutral. Apply scapular anchor.
Back stroke arm movement:- Action
- Breathe in wide and full.
- Zip and hollow.
- Breathe out and at the same time, bring one arm backward over the head as far
as it will comfortably go. Do not alow the
back to arch. Keep the arm relaxed and the elbow slightly bent.
- Breathe in and at the same time, bring the arm back to your side.
- Repeat 5 times.
- Don't worry if the arm doesn't reach the floor. Not everyone can. But do prevent
the back from arching!
What it does:-
- Teaches the scapula to "anchor".
- Encourages the Teres muscles, the Pectorals and the Latissimus dorsi to work over
their longer range without the back arching or the pelvis "looking down".
- Maintain pelvic neutral!
- Keep your upper body and arms relaxed!
- Keep your neck relaxed! (Feel free to place a small cushion under your head).
Useful related exercises:-
© Bruce Thomson, EasyVigour Project